Do you want to help shape our future?
Do you have experience volunteering with not-for-profit organizations? Do you have knowledge and skills in the IT, legal, accounting or marketing professions? Do you want to help shape the future of the leading IT Pro Community in Calgary and Southern Alberta?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then you may have the opportunity to join the Calgary IT Pro Community Association (CIC) Board of Directors. We are now accepting applications from qualified individuals for all Board positions.
The deadline to apply is March 14th 2016. Directors and officers will be formally elected by CIC members at the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday March 15th 2016. The term of office is for one year or the next Annual Meeting, whichever first occurs.
What is the role of the CIC Board of Directors?
The role of the CIC Board of Directors is to provide strategic direction and oversight for the Calgary IT Pro Community Association. The Board is responsible for ensuring delivery of quality technical and social networking events for members of the IT profession in Calgary and Southern Alberta. The Board has retained the services of a part-time Executive Director who handles much of CIC’s day-to-day administrative activities. Key Board committees are responsible for educational programming, event planning, communications/marketing, membership, sponsorships and bylaws.
Who is eligible to apply to the CIC Board of Directors?
Qualifications/requirements for candidate Directors and Officers:
- Candidates shall be Calgary IT Pro Community Association members in good standing. Student members are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are NOT required to be IT professionals, but must be interested in advancing technical knowledge and enablement of IT professionals. Members of the accounting, legal and other professions willing to lend their professional expertise are welcome to apply.
- Candidates for the office of Vice-President and President must have served a minimum of one complete term as a CIC Director within the past 3 years.
What is involved in being on the CIC Board of Directors?
Candidates must be prepared to:
- Attend one Board meeting each month (2-3 hours) – typically held on the 1st Saturday of each month.
- Lead at least one committee (approximately 2-4 hours/month).
- Attend one Strategic Planning meeting (4-8 hours) per year.
What will I gain by being on the CIC Board of Directors?
Successful incumbents gain:
- Experience in governance and leadership – skills that are highly sought by industry.
- Successful incumbents gain a higher profile in the IT professional community – this can lead to opportunities for career advancement.
- Successful incumbents develop teamwork skills commensurate with the level of their engagement with CIC Board and committee members.
What is the role of the CIC Nomination Committee in the election process?
The CIC Nomination Committee’s role is to seek and select qualified candidates for the Nomination Committee slate for election at CIC’s Annual Meeting. Its focus is to help build a Board of Directors that represents a diverse range of views and interests, ultimately contributing to the strategic direction of the Calgary IT Pro Community Association.
CIC invites interested applicants to respond by sending an email stating your background and motivation to:
David J. Fulton – Past President
Calgary IT Pro Community Association